One important value at ACS is making a difference in the local community of Winston-Salem/Forsyth County and surrounding areas. This is something we feel very passionate about, and is evidened by our raising close to $400,000 over the past six years for several fundraisers:
- United Way
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Cancer Services (in Winston-Salem)
- The Ronald McDonald House
- A team from ACS supported the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation in November 2015 by participating in a community-wide walk. ACS makes this an annual event.
The Administration Department at ACS collected items for the Ronald McDonald House during the third quarter of 2014 as part of their team-building community event. The Department sent challenges to all employees and their Senior Leadership, who responded to the challenge with many donated items. They also collected pop tops -- not only at work -- but from homes, families, friends and neighbors. Overall, six one-gallon jug containers of pop tops, over a dozen boxes of wish list items, a Food Lion gift card and $1,500 were contributed to the RMH.
For three years in a row an ACS team along with the President and the COO made stockings for our American troops and filled them with goodies such as socks, candy, soap, homemade Christmas cards, and stationary. They shipped the stockings to an organization called "Give to the Troops" who mailed them overseas.